43.5 Hrs per week
Based at: Mold CH7 1JR
To enable the Company to achieve the agreed contractual standard of service required, by working as part of a team responsible for the wheelchair refurbishment. To manage stock and equipment to a high standard and maximising availability of stock to support Service Engineers delivering 'First Time Fixes' wherever possible. Once fully trained in line with depot multi-skilling be available to support field services to cover holidays and sick leave.
* Decontamination of wheelchairs achieved by following Company infection control procedures.
* Maintaining a clean and tidy workshop and working in a way to ensure all Company Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
* Repair and service equipment to the agreed standard.
* P.D.I. chairs for delivery by M.S.E.
* Ensure any PPE supplied for use in carrying out your duties is used as instructed.
* Maintain a professional customer service attitude when dealing with all service users and other agencies.
* Observe all regulations covering the driving and use of the Company vehicle on the public highway and to be aware of employee responsibility under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
* Agree to undertake all training offered that is necessary to maintain the skills required for this role.
Skills and Qualifications:
* General workshop knowledge
* Basic mechanical knowledge
* Flexible approach to working conditions and working environment change.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Effective team worker.
Physical demands of the job:
* Moving and handling of equipment and accessories following handling guidelines
* Standing at a bench to work
* Use of ramps and any other agreed moving equipment
Service user/other agency/public engagement and involvement:
Ross Care is committed to promoting and embedding equality, diversity and inclusiveness and expects that the post holder will actively promote and engage this commitment in all that they do. The post holder should ensure that in all their behaviours, attitudes and working they recognise and take account of the health needs and rights of all sections of the community including ethnicity, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation and religion/belief. The post holder will be expected to engage the service users, other agencies and the public where relevant and adhere to the Company's policies and procedures governing zero tolerance to discrimination, harassment, bullying, stereotyping and prejudicial treatment