Colchester United’s Football in the Community is a registered charity that provides high quality sports and education programmes to children, young people and adults from across the region.
In August 2014 Colchester United Football in the Community was awarded charitable status enabling us, as an organisation, to be supported by the Charites Commission and Football League Trust. This also ensures that all the funding and income received is re-invested back into the improvement and development of the organisation.
The role offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team at Colchester United Football in the Community and work within our Sports Participation Strand.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
To plan, develop and deliver the women’s and girl’s programmes within Colchester United Football in the Community
Community Performance Manager
£18,000-19,000 dependent on experience with OTE £20,000
A company vehicle & business mobile phone included
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To lead and ordinate our post 16 Female football college programmes
- To lead and ordinate our Girls Development Programme
- To ensure expansion and sustainability of the Girls Development Centre Programme & Grassroots Development Programmes
- To work with Community Performance Manager to co-ordinate new or existing community development projects as instructed
- To recruit and meet targets for participant levels as agreed with Community Performance Manager
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations.
- To liaise with parents/carers when appropriate
- Be a flexible member of Colchester United Football in the Community team and when required deliver on projects that may involve evening and weekends
- To lead, motivate, mentor sessional staff when appropriate
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal CRB, First Aid qualifications up to date.
- To undertake appropriate training
- To ensure the quality control of coaching sessions
Qualifications & Experience:
- Level 2 NGB award
- FA Youth Module 1&2
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Member of the FA licences club
- PFPE Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
- FA Youth Module 3
- One other national governing body qualification
- Futsal Level 1
- Coaching for disabled footballers
- Mini-bus Licence/eligibility
Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a sports development environment, experience of coaching and/or playing and project management skills. Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes. Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils. Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Please note that this role is subject to a successful DBS & reference check