Whether you are a Nurse looking for the next step in your career or a Ward Manager looking to make a a difference, join Farmfield Hospital in Charlwood as a Ward Manager.
You will become a crucial part of our outstanding multidisciplinary team as you lead and manage the day-to-day running of the wards.
As a Ward Manager, you will have previous experience from the NHS or private care and will be a dynamic individual with a flexible approach to help some of the most vulnerable people in society build a brighter future.
Working alongside a multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for guiding wards to deliver great healthcare, oranganise shifts and manage the wards budget.
It's a career that you can take pride in while enjoying the satisfaction of helping people and seeing them improve. It's what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
- Managing and training of junior and nurse staff.
- Working alongside the senior Nurse to manage the on call service.
- Effective strategic resource management.
- Supporting the implementation of local Clinical Governance Strategy.
- Satisfactory completion of objectives as agreed at appraisal and monthly supervision.
- Satisfactory fulfillment of core competencies.
- Serious incident reviews and implementation of recommendations.
- Demonstrates clear application of continuing professional development portfolio.
- Ward Budget Management.
- Providing strong and robust leadership in the clinical environment using the core skills of facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, teaching and delegation.
- Facilitates delivery of practice and support supervision
- Actively contributing to the Nursing Service Agreement, departmental Risk Matrix and action plan and monitoring their implementation
- To participate and take on active lead in organisational clinical and nursing audit programmes
- Participating in and taking an active lead in organisational clinical and nursing audit programmes
- Developing a coaching culture within the clinical environment
- Manage the achievements and maintenance of the Care Standards Act
To be successful in this role, you'll need
- First level registration
- Relevant experience
Professional training in a related environment
Where you will be working
Location: Farmfield Drive, Charlwood, Surrey, RH6 0BN
You will be working at Farmfield Hospital, which is a large purpose-built medium-secure service with good facilities. Working alongside a multidisciplinary team, you will provide care and support for adult men 18+ with a forensic background and enduring mental health illnesses such as personality disorder, substance misuse issues and behaviours that challenge.
Farmfield is located North West of Gatwick airport near the village of Hookwood, with good transport links by road, bus and train. It is easiest to reach the site by car.
What you will get
- Annual salary of £43,000
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more...... click apply for full job details