FG Barnes is a family-owned company established since 1899 and have locations in Guildford, Maidstone, Canterbury & Shoreham representing Vauxhall, Nissan, Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Jeep, MG, SEAT, CUPRA and DAF Brands. As part of our continued growth plans, we are looking to expand our team further by recruiting an Vauxhall Technician to join our team at our Guildford site.
The Role - Vauxhall Qualified Technician:
As an experienced and qualified Vauxhall Technician, you will act as our specialist in the repair, servicing and preparation of new and used cars from the dealer, whilst detecting and diagnosing any additional faults for further repair ensuring all work is completed safely and to the dealers' complete satisfaction.
You will have the opportunity to work with highly skilled Technicians and be equipped to utilise the most up to date technology. Opportunities for development will also be available for this role.
A competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, and an excellent time saved bonus structure will be applicable.
Requirements for the Vauxhall Technician:
* Experience in running diagnostics, servicing and repairing vehicles
* An NVQ in Motor Vehicle Technology
* A City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent
* Eligibility to work in the UK and a full UK driving licence
* Ability to perform fundamental diagnostic tasks
* Excellent fault finding and problem solving skills
* Ability to analyse equipment performance and act upon it accordingly
* Ability to use your excellent mechanical and technical skills
* Good communication skills and self-motivated
* A good understanding of relevant Health and Safety processes and procedures
* Brand Accreditation preferred
* An IMI or equivalent Level 3 EV Hybrid Qualification