Summary of Job Purpose:
* This role supports the Underwriters to ensure that the necessary communications and actions are taken following an underwriting assessment.
* The Underwriting Support employee will be responsible for updating and maintaining policy administration systems to reflect changes requested by the Underwriter, Adviser and Member ensuring the status of the underwriting case and will ensure that follow up activities are performed appropriately,taking a pro-active approach to ensure the management of the case is fair and consistent, with consideration of individual circumstances.
* Liaise with Team Leader to agree, plan, implement and monitor daily/weekly targets and service levels.
* Achieve targets to maintain productivity, quality and service standards.
* Accurately complete a variety of tasks across Underwriting support and supporting Adviser Support as the business needs dictate, keeping errors to a minimum.
* Working closely with Underwriting to provide support wherever needed throughout the Underwriting process.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of relevant systems, products, processes and procedures.
* To be able to provide a first class experience for Customers and to share knowledge with other team members.
* Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture.
* Maybe required to provide training support for team members and new starters.
* Maybe responsible for competency checking others work.
* Identify TCF Issues and communicate them to a TCF champion.
* Identify development needs and review and plan regularly.
* Maybe responsible for writing and reviewing procedures.
* May have MI and reporting responsibilities.
* Maybe asked to contribute to a project.
* Ability to deliver excellent customer experience.
* Ability to work in a team/team player.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to write non-standard letters.
* Ability to liaise with Underwriting Assessors within the team to ascertain an excellent service.
* Good numeracy and literacy
* Thorough and methodical approach
* Excellent telephone manner to include good questioning skills and ability to decipher key claim triggers.
* Decision making skills
* Cope with varying workloads, additional responsibilities and pressures.
* Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
* Ability to deliver results