Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.Job description:
The UK Senior HSE will lead the initiatives to build a world class UK Region that performs to the highest standards of health safety and environmental compliance, building a culture that has safety firmly built into its DNARequired profile:
This role will lead & execute directly the HSE initiatives in the UK facility, whilst also supporting our retail colleagues and remote field-based staff, to ensure safety best practise & culture building is developed consistently.
Role will be the face of HSE across the UK for the Division, and will need to set the standard of HSE disciplines across the UK
- Responsible for developing and executing the strategic safety and health improvement direction for the region.
- Assist in the development, leadership, and of Safety and Health improvement strategies through the deployment of a proactive improvement process. The execution includes communication of expectations, assessing progress, performing some of the implementation, and being a resource for the UK. Embedded in this execution scope is the responsibility of ensuring compliance with all Safety and Health regulations.
- Lead the deployment of the Corporate Safety Excellence and Leadership (SEAL) process. This includes leading the execution of the annual SEAL assessment as well as implementing and correcting the action items identified for improvement throughout the year.
- Provide leadership and assistance to all locations in the region for work related injury/illness claim management activities.
- Partner with all locations in the development of standard processes and expectations and provide guidance on proper execution.
- Lead safety best practice sharing and standardization throughout the region. Also, responsible to ensure alignment to the Newell Rubbermaid overall safety improvement strategy.
- Participate and provide safety updates and guidance in other operational activities such as operation reviews, productivity initiatives, new product development and new process or equipment initiatives
Essential requirementsWhat we offer:
- At least 5 years in a similar position, preferably dealing with Distribution Centres of complex organizations.
- Recognised formal qualification in HSE (EU recognised)
- Extensive Knowledge of legislative requirements of HSE
- PC Literate on Excel & experience of safety software systems
- Project management experience
- Well versed in compliance regulations
- Working in Distribution Centre environment with the focus on a 24/7 operation
By submitting your CV you acknowledge having read Newell Brands' Privacy Statement for Job Applicants available at click apply for full job details