Position: Turbocharger Field Service Engineer
Job ID: 2190/23
Location: North West
Salary/Rate: £30,000 plus generous overtime
HSB Technical have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for a Field Service Engineer to work on turbocharges which fit to 2 and 4 stroke engines. Working as the Turbocharger Field Service Engineer, you will: Be responsible for the overhaul, repair, commissioning, servicing and troubleshooting of turbochargers fitted to 4 and 2 stroke engines both in the UK based workshop, around the UK and overseas.
HSB Technical's client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
• Help with developing the turbocharger capabilities of the business with an aim of expand this area of the business
• Carry out overhauls, in depth repairs and installations of large turbochargers out in the field and in the workshop
• Complete balancing of turbocharger rotor assemblies and re-blading
• Provide hands on supervision during on site and workshop activities
• Implement field maintenance procedures which match the companies standards
• Carry out performance tests, troubleshooting & root cause analysis with support from our client
• Ensure the implementation of HSE standards in maintenance activities
• Identifying the spare parts requirements for maintenance and repair activities#
• Full compliance with Field Service Engineers Handbook
• Work to timelines and project completion deadlines agreed between the relevant Contracts Manager and line manager for the jobs
• Report all technical information with the office to include informing your Line Manager about lessons learnt in order to avoid repetition of similar problems or to increase effectiveness and efficiency in future
• Entrepreneurial mindset combined with a high degree of customer knowledge
• Good Organisational skills
• Strong networker, engaging, well aware of the local market
• Sound interpersonal, presentation as well as intercultural skills and understanding
• Very good coordination, organized and communication skills in a highly dynamic environment
Ability to uphold the highest ethical standards, high integrity. Qualifications/Documents/Other Requirements:
• Driving Licence
• Non-restrictive passport
• Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering diploma/degree with at least 5 years work experience
• Apprenticeship time served mechanical or mechatronic Engineer with long time work experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role