Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for Training and Development Specialist for our Rolling Stock Business. This is an exciting opportunity for a rolling stock technician or an existing trainer with a passion for developing people to join the NTAR Team on a full-time basis. As a site independent worker (home based) you will be responsible for conducting individual and group health and safety, soft skills, process as well as technical and operational training courses. In addition, the ability to assess competence of our people within rail both for our internal and external customer will be required. You will monitor the effectiveness of course material/s, review feedback and modify/revise course material as required. Develop new training material to suit the customer needs and maintain your own personal development.
What are your responsibilities?
- Delivery of the defined training courses as agreed with the Training Manager and the business
- Review course content when significant changes to fleet or train subsystems require amendments
- Development of courses on business request for new fleet mobilisation or to expand current trainer portfolio. Agree course content with the Training Manager and ensure all courses are approved in line with the departmental process
- Carry out Technical Assessments as required by the business
- Use feedback from candidates and customers to review and develop course content when appropriate
- Using knowledge and understanding of diversity and its impact to develop materials and organise training accordingly
- Maintain personal competence to ensure the delivery of training is at the best practice standard and utilising current training techniques
- Responsible for developing required safety critical, technical and operations assessments
- Carry out required safety critical, technical and operational assessments as defined by the relevant Competency Management System and the Rolling Stock Grading Policy
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely
- Deliver level NVQ level 3 and 4 rolling stock trailblazer
- Carry out NVQ assessments
What do you need to qualify for this role
- Technical knowledge of vehicle engineering maintenance procedures/practices
- Rolling Stock technical knowledge or other transport systems
- Engineering qualification or experience
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organisation/planning skills
- Experience in delivering or being exposed to Personal Track Safety
- Trainer and assessor qualifications (NVQ Level 4) and A1 however development of these competences will be available
- Excellent knowledge of systems and software
- Good understanding of diversity and its impact on training
We're Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation...... click apply for full job details