If you are looking to start out a new career, we have a fantastic opportunity for people with the desire and ambition to learn a highly skilled role.
Staffline is recruiting for a Trainee Butcher to work at their industry leading pork production factory in Norton, Malton.
No previous experience is needed in this butchery role, all that is required is a fantastic attitude and desire to learn the necessary skills. All training is carried out on site with skilled trainers.
After being graded you will start on one of the following pay rates:
- Grade 1 £9.02 per hour
- Grade 2 £9.21 per hour
- Grade 3 £9.41 per hour
You will work fixed shifts and, the hours of work are:
- 6am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
Your Time at Work
As a Trainee Butcher at this site, you will:
- De-bone and trim pork primals into standard cuts at optimum line speed, whilst achieving product quality and hygiene specifications.
- Be required to use a knife and bladed machines to completely de-bone and trim pork middles, legs and shoulders and remove bone chips and cartilage.
- Avoid fatigue and repetitive strain by regularly rotating lines, ensuring you will work across different areas.
- Work with speed and accuracy, you will be fully assessed before working on the pace line.
- Have a basic understanding of English, as you will need to understand product specifications, whilst hitting yield targets and maintain traceability and product integrity.
- Fully adhere to all health and safety and compliance practices and standards
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and report any errors or faults to your line leader.
- Carry out manual handling tasks and the role can be physically demanding.
- Work in a chilled environment to ensure the product is of the highest quality, it is advised that warm clothing is worn under your PPE.
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Trainee Butcher will have a strong work ethic and desire to learn a new career.
You will have excellent hand-eye coordination, to ensure the cuts are being made correctly and to the highest standard.
Focus is important, as you will be undertaking repetitive tasks.
An understanding of English is required as well as basic numeracy skills.
A good level of physical fitness is required, and you must be willing to work in a chilled environment.
Key Information and Benefits
- Earn £9.02 to £9.41 p/h depending on grade
- Shifts are typically 6am to 4pm Monday to Friday
- OnSite support from Staffline
- Free food and hot drinks
- Subsidised canteen on site
- Free car parking on site
- Uniform provided
- PPE provided
- Full training provided
- Temp to perm opportunity
- Opportunities for overtime
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline