Job Overview: Our client, a successful injection moulding manufacturer has retained our services to support them in appointing a Toolroom Manager to join their team.
* As a Toolroom Manager you will be responsible for the maintenance and smooth running of the Toolroom
* The role of a Toolroom Manager is a varied hands-on role where you will be attending unplanned breakdowns on tooling equipment to implementing daily preventative maintenance.
* As a Toolroom Manager you will also be responsible for the handling over of accurate information and on-going work priorities, meeting with the production planning department.
* The successful candidate must have Proven Toolmaker experience & knowledge of supervising Toolroom Operations
* Preparation and maintenance of existing tooling according to requirements.
* Effectively identifies day to day tooling issues and implements corrective action where required.
* Cleaning of all production tooling to ensure on time delivery and ensure targets are met.
* Ensures all tooling is safe and production ready at the time returned for production use, following correct preventative maintenance (PM) process.
* Ensures Production is advised when assignments cannot be completed as planned.
* Supports coordination of engineering changes and supports maintenance of spare parts.
* Verifies conformance of machined and/or repaired tools to specifications by checking dimensions / clearances / alignments.
* Engineer and manufacture of machine parts and tooling as required.
* Fits and assembles parts and test completed tools for proper operation.
* Follow up repair work by seeking feedback from the production and quality departments and completing a record of the work undertaken.
* Ensuring concise information is shared between the toolroom and production Supervisors/Manager.
* To manage and prioritise labour to tooling breakdowns in accordance to the production department requirements.
* Monitor the use and stock level of spare parts, reporting and reordered.
* Carry out weekly 5s audits and ensures actions are completed.
* Ensures team follows correct P.P.E requirements.
* Ensures the safety and wellbeing of team members.
* Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant and adhere to all Health and Safety environmental requirements.
* Time served apprenticeship in a relevant discipline
* Injection mould tooling experience
* Excellent hand tool skills (hand tools will be supplied)
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
* Experience working with Toolroom equipment including overhead cranes
* Experience with Inspection equipment (micrometer, heigh indicator etc.)experience in using milling machines, lathes, surface grinders and bench grinders
* Ability to follow and execute the preventative maintenance program
* Strong communication skills at all levels within the business
* Able to manage and prioritize numerous tasks
* Experience in a manufacturing environment
* Experienced in repairing supporting tooling within a mould shop
* Experience using CNC machines, lathes, millers ad grinders
* Good knowledge of engineering materials, steels, alloys etc.
* Understanding of CMM reports
* Experience of repair and maintenance of hydraulic systems including repair of cylinders and pipework
* Knowledge of 5s methodology
* Good interpersonal skills with "hands on" problem solving expertise
* Work collaboratively to achieve project/company goals
* Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise to meet deadlines
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Good analytical skills
* Strong communicator both written and verbal
* Ability to influence and manage stakeholders
* Very organised
* Proactive in approach with a "can do attitude"
* Full driving license
* Eligibility to work in the UK
Key Words: Key Words: "Tooling Manager", "Toolroom Manager", "Toolroom Supervisor", "Senior Toolmaker", "Lead Toolmaker", "toolmaking", "Tool maintenance", "Injection Moulding", "Mould Tooling", "Plastics"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles