Looking to develop your skills within a friendly and collaborative company? We have registered a part time opportunity, working for 21 hours per week.
We are looking for a dedicated Temporary Finance Assistant who will be a key member of a sociable, close-knit team. You will provide support to the accounting department with day-to-day functions by performing vital accounting duties. Your primary work focus will be on accounts receivable and accounts payable. In addition, you will help with banking, debt collections, billing, audits, and Month End and related journal entries.
Please note, this is a temporary position paid on a weekly PAYE basis. The working hours are 21 per week.
Temporary Finance Assistant Responsibilities
- Maintain Sales and Purchase ledgers for the company and subsidiary company using Sage50
- Monitoring and maintaining accounts inbox and answering any queries
- Ensuring payments, amounts and records are correct
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals
- Manage the Cash Book including petty cash to record cash transactions
- Credit control and chasing debt
- Invoice raising, payment, processing and filing
- Processing employee expenses in line with the Expenses policy
- Bank reconciliation and other banking related duties
- Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers
- Updating and maintaining internal procedural documentation
- Manage the efficient payment of supplier invoices received and expense claims
- Working according to all departmental policies and procedures
- Process month end ensuring prepayments, accruals, depreciation, inter-company and other month end related tasks are completed within monthly deadline
- Aid with Quarterly VAT return
Temporary Finance Assistant Rewards
Alongside a competitive hourly rate, you will receive the following benefits:
- Holiday pay
- Valuable experience in a highly regarded organisation.
Our client is a wonderful local charity, supporting environmental learning across Oxfordshire.
Temporary Finance Assistant Requirements
- Good understanding of bank reconciliation banking, processing supplier and sales invoices and expense claims, nominal control account reconciliation
- Excellent computer/IT skills, particularly proficiency with Excel
- Flexible and solution orientated with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Commitment to and understanding of teamwork and collaborative working
- Approachable and supportive, able to work with staff and volunteers
- Flexibility and availability to support activities and festivals that occur outside normal hours
- Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information
- Excellent Administrative skills with high level of accuracy
Our client is based in Abingdon (OX14) there is parking available onsite.
Apply today, either online or directly to:
Hannah Bush Allen Associates
Allen Associates is a leading recruitment company with offices in Oxfordshire and West London, recruiting for Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and PA/Administrative roles. Allen Associates operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment. For more information on current vacancies please visit and like/follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.