Technical Business Analyst - SQL / business process improvement / financial services - is required by fast growing and highly successful investment organisation. They are looking to improve operations, data accessibility and reliability. This role will play a key part in enabling them to achieve this target.
They require a Business Analyst with good SQL knowledge and business process improvement experience.
In addition to bolstering Tier 3 support by interrogating system logs /tables, your SQL knowledge will help elevate their reporting capability from excel on to PowerBI. You should have the ability to identify and define requirements for Database/Queries changes (Cube), this will aid in transitioning excel reporting into PowerBI.
The candidate's experience in business process improvement will assist the business realise efficiencies and optimise business processes. This is key for the business to reduce cycle times and build a scalable operating model.
Additionally the candidate should have the following characteristics;
* Ability to capture business process flows;
* Strong data mindset and control awareness;
* Excellent attention to detail;
* Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative;
* Ability to work autonomously, to gain understanding of systems and architecture
* Degree level education / relevant qualification;
* 2 - 3 years relevant experience within an asset manager or GP, Investment Banking, general financial services equivalent preferred;
* 2 - 3 years Business Analyst experience with good SQL knowledge (eg. running queries);
* Advantageous to have process mapping and business process re-engineering experience;
* Understanding of Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework, data modeling concepts and techniques is beneficial;
* Ability to retrieve system logs and interrogate system tables/DB for investigations at 3rd level IT support.
* Keen interest in technology and bridging IT configuration requirements with business user cases;
* Knowledge of other supplementary tools and languages desirable (eg. SQL Server Reporting Services, MS Visio, MDX, DAX, PowerBI, Tableau, Investran & LoanIQ).
Excellent training and career development opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Based London office 3 days per week, remote working 2 days per week.
Basic salary £60-75,000 + bonus + benefits