Team Manager - Barnet
At One Housing, we don t only believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. We also believe that everyone deserves to realise their full potential and lead a fulfilling life.Our Mental Health team is vital to helping us deliver on this vision. We work to transform the life experience of people with mental health support needs. The support we provide is delivered in a range of settings (like supported housing, assessment centres and outreach) and our customers support needs can include psychosis, forensic and personality disordersJoin our Mental Health team as a Team ManagerWe have spent the last 10 years designing our services to be fully psychologically informed. Most of our services have specialist therapeutic input and colleagues have access to specialised mental health training delivered by MH professionals. All our services provide regular reflective practice spaces to our colleagues to formulate complex cases and find constructive ways forward. All these measures make us the ideal partner for NHS trusts across London with whom we deliver several integrated services.We believe in providing care and support to our clients that will enable them to make informed decisions about their life that will increase their sense of wellbeing: this might be greater independence, better coping strategies or a richer network and sense of self achievement.We offer you the chance to develop your own skills through regular line management supervision, reflective practice, access to a ten-day course on relevant mental health topics and working together with your specialist colleagues.We re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.The Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Team Manager within a mental health service. Our customers have a variety of needs including dual diagnosis, personality disorders, substance misuse, dementia and those with a forensic history. Our mental health accommodation schemes benefit from a high quality, homely living environment. Customers are placed where they feel comfortable and supported. Our schemes are purpose-built to meet customer s needs, minimise risk and promote independence.Your responsibilities will include:
What you will need to succeed
- Providing line management, supervision and appraisal to Support staff within the service.
- Ensuring regular team meetings are held and staff are informed about the organisation s strategic goals.
- Holding day to day responsibility for rota cover and staff deployment.
- Ensuring that all staff receive appropriate induction, training and development opportunities.
- Performance management including setting targets, monitoring and taking action to address any performance issues.
- Facilitating and encouraging effective customer participation, consultation and feedback within the service.
- Ensuring the implementation of the support database and that appropriate records are kept.
- Ensuring that staff adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining positive links with local statutory and independent sector services.
- Carrying out regular audits of service provision including; health and safety.
- Liaising effectively with partner agencies and stakeholders to ensure referrals and assessment issues are dealt with in a timely fashion, and service utilisation is maximised.
- Ensuring contract compliance, monitoring and service satisfaction.
- Ensuring the implementation of the One Support Medication Management policy and standards, (where applicable).
- Working within the service budget and monitoring against management accounts.
- Ensuring that all the work carried out by the service meets Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensuring that your own work and that of the service works within and contributes to the service, departmental, and corporate plans.