£35,000 - £58,000 + benefits & company bonus
Systems Engineer needed for a leading defence and security organisation with offices in the Bristol areas who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Systems Engineers that takes pride in their work.
Our broad range of Systems teams cover all aspects of the products design throughout its lifecycle implementing a variety of tool and techniques tailored to support the specialist requirements of our products. From Agile methodologies to a Model Based Approach to Systems Engineering we are keen in maintaining our role as a leader in the field of Defence engineering by investing in our people.
Positions are available from Junior to Principal level, with responsibilities & final salary depending on experience.
What the role of the Systems Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Understanding our customers' challenging needs and developing, validating and managing requirements designs and qualification/acceptance activities
- Integrating systems containing electronic, mechanical and software sub-systems, understanding the potential impact on the whole boat and interfacing systems
- Verifying that customer needs are satisfied through planned qualification and test activities
- Taking accountability for technical work packages
- Providing leadership, guidance and coaching to other engineers
- Steering new systems development through implementation of best practice systems lifecycle processes
- Working with customers to support delivered systems and resolve issues
What experience you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
- Degree level qualification in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science) or equivalent industry / armed forces experience
- Significant experience in Systems Integration, Validation, Verification activities of complex products and systems
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Experience undertaking other Systems Engineering activities. This should include some combination of:
- Requirements Engineering and Management (DOORs)
- Systems Architecting via Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) (Sparx Enterprise Architect, Cameo, UML, SysML, MoDAF, NAF, UAF)
- Implementing and Governing Engineering Lifecycles
- Defining and managing System interfaces
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!