This role has the following key components which are outlined below:
- The Senior Sustainability Project Engineer (Level 2 or 3 depending on experience) is responsible for supporting and working with the London Sustainability Manager to help establish Company sustainability presence in the UK and EMEA region market. The employee is responsible for the delivery of sustainability engineering/consulting services within the Company’s three key operating streams (Strategic Advisory, Buildings and Places). This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
- The Engineer will be an integral member of the Global Sustainability Group and as such may work across all Company offices, engaging with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- The Engineer will be required to participate and support the local Sustainability Manager in marketing/business development activities, such as: organizing and attending events, assisting in proposal writing and meeting Clients.
- The engineer will already have 3-4 years of experience and ideally will be able to demonstrate thorough understanding of embodied carbon, whole life cycle assessments (WLXCA) and will have experience working on establishing sustainability strategies for clients organisations.
- Ideally the candidate will have some traction with ESG reporting and strategic advisory too.
- Understanding the business and client requirements
- Working in a virtual operating group with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Dealing with high level, urgent and confidential issues;
- Managing varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines;
- Coordination with internal and external consultants and disciplines.
- Educated in Engineering or the Built Environment and having at least 3-4 years of relevant practical experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of Whole Life Cycle Assessments and embodied carbon calculations.
- Experience dealing with sustainability reports for planning and a good knowledge of London and UK-wide planning policy relevant to sustainability
- Experience in carrying out Energy and Thermal modelling (including Building Regulations Part L compliance, heating/cooling loads, overheating modelling) would be desirable, in order to support the rest of the team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to work independently
- Experience working on strategic advisory assignments and helping clients deliver their ESG reporting targets.
- working on other benchmarking assessments (e.g. LEED, WELL, or other) would be advantageous
- Project management skills