We are looking to recruit an experienced Sustainability Consultant to become an integral part of our successful Sustainability Team.
This role is suitable for a candidate with existing experience of delivering residential/mixed-use projects with detailed knowledge of low carbon technologies and sustainable design.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of projects including sustainability assessments (BREEAM, HQM, Passive House), planning reports and client liaison.
The culture in our team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for our professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
The candidate is expected to be conscientious, enthusiastic, well organised and professional. They must provide a constant positive influence within the team. The candidate is expected to be proactive with developing their own and others knowledge, while driving standards and quality throughout the team.
- Work on a wide range of projects including residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as Sustainability consultant.
- Develop and present project sustainability design proposals to the project team and client.
- Undertake project assessments including Part L (SAP, SBEM), BREEAM, HQM, PassiveHouse.
- Undertake Overheating simulations and present report findings.
- Undertake energy surveys of buildings.
- Undertake BREEAM Assessments.
- Assess project designs for BREEAM compliance and recording evidence.
- Prepare high quality information including sustainability assessments, planning reports, presentations.
- Maintain regular contact with clients.
- Continue to improve your own technical knowledge.
- Report resource information to senior group managers.
- Hold an academic or industry qualification related to sustainability or design.
- Detailed knowledge of low carbon and sustainable design and London Plan Energy Policy.
- Qualified Part L Assessor (SAP/SBEM).
- BREEAM Qualified Assessor with experience of conducting BREEAM Assessments under both BREEAM New Construction 2018 and BREEAM Refurbishment & Fit-out 2014.
- Ability to use sustainability software such as IES:VE.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- On a daily basis, provide support to the team, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Each month ensure that project and team progress reports are completed and report to the senior team.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Mange projects effectively and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Attend group meetings.
- Develop your own and the team’s knowledge and technical expertise.