Living Ambitions (Part of the lifeways group) is looking for full or part time Support Workers\Carers in the Harwich area of Essex.
We require dedicated Individuals to work in our supported living services supporting adults with learning disabilities, autism and autistic spectrum disorders, complex needs, mental health issues and challenging behaviours in all aspects of their daily lives.
Working within the principles or person centred support, enabling development and inclusion the unit is based in a residential area, and you will be providing guidance and encouragement to residents through physical and emotional support. Also:
BENEFITS TO WORKING WITH THE LIFEWAYS GROUP:
· PAY: £8.72 Per hour with £73.89 per night sleep in rate
· Petrol/fares paid for on shift travel
· We'll pay for your DBS
· Hourly paid enhancements over the festive period bank holidays
· Fully paid induction
· Generous annual leave entitlement
· Opportunity for overtime
· Employee Discount and Assistance Scheme
· Opportunity to undertake a NVQ in health and social care
You will support service users with all sorts of different activities including swimming, shopping, going for a coffee, going to the cinema, visiting zoos, clubs etc., so your work will be varied from day to day.
You will also be expected to support the service user with general household chores such as cooking and laundry and housework such as hoovering and dusting and in some cases personal care. (Including bathing, toileting and feeding)
- Full time 40 hours per week
- Part time varied hours available
- Bank Sessional Contracts available
Working hours are on a shift pattern rota basis including alternate weekend working and some sleep-ins (sleep-ins are paid as a separate payment per sleep in):
This is a great opportunity to develop your career in the care industry - if this sounds of interest, simply click Apply!..... click apply for full job details