Depaul have a great opportunity to join Depaul's floating support service operating across the London Borough of Wandsworth. You will join us on part time permanent basis and in return you'll receive a competitive salary of £11,554 per annum pro rata + pension and other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Support Worker - Floating, we can offer you:
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 34 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays (pro rata)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Support Worker - Floating role:
In the role of Progression Coach, you'll liaise with accommodation providers to seek suitable housing option for clients, and to take them through the referral process. This will include accompanying clients to housing interviews and resettlement work. You will also be available to deal with clients who need help or advice, either by phone or on a drop-in basis.
In addition, you will keep clear and relevant records and statistics, and make a positive contribution to team meetings, Case management meetings and make a contribution to any policy reviews and consultations.
What makes this role exciting?
- You'll receive in-house training to help you perform your role
- The role is flexible and you can take a creative approach to supporting young people
- It's a great opportunity to gain experience in the charity sector
What will ideally support your success in the Support Worker - Floating role?
- A clear understanding and ability to implement risk management, information sharing and data security arrangements.
- Experience of helping Young People with setting up benefits and maintaining their accommodation
- Knowledge of supported accommodation and other services vital to successful support while Young People are homeless or are in need of pre-tenancy support.
- A high understanding of the criminal Justice system and benefits system.
Closing Date: Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 12:00 pm
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you'd like to become our Support Worker - Floating then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies...... click apply for full job details