Support Worker - circa £9.00 -£9.60ph
Are you looking for a new challenge?
If so, you are in the right place with The Bridge.
The Bridge is on a mission to create the world's best specialist support setting. We pride ourselves on giving people with learning disabilities, autism and uniquely complex needs a fresh start in a lovely purpose-built home. What sets us apart is our team and the drive we all have to make a real difference to vulnerable peoples' lives. We deliver an unrivalled service for those individuals others have struggled to successfully support. The team wants dedicated people that genuinely enjoy changing people's lives for the better.
- Competitive salary
- £9.00 per hour (starting pay)
- £9.30 per hour (based on management review or annual appraisal)
- £9.60 per hour (after probation) for Lead Support Workers
- up to £10.35 per hour for Senior Support Workers
- Additional core benefits including monthly employment awards, charitable matching, access to hardship loans and cycle to work scheme
- A comprehensive induction with ongoing specialist training in autism, positive behavioural support, epilepsy, CITRUS, medication administration. All staff are supported fully to complete their care certificate.
- Flexible contractual hours
- Full time roles 40 hours
- Day and night time roles
- Part-time roles
- Bank staff roles
- Opportunity for overtime
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays and an extra days' annual leave on us for your birthday!
- Opportunities for progression and career development to suit your own aspirations
To be honest being a member of our clients team involves hard work, but it is so rewarding. The team are the cornerstone of the service and working together we give people their mojo back. You have the opportunity to experience the magic of giving people chances they have never been lucky enough to experience before.
Your responsibilities for transforming people's futures will be wide ranging, but principally you will be accountable for delivering the teams values
Our Core Values…
- Change perceptions. See the world through the eyes of the people we support and mould the world around them
- Take a different outlook. Be confident to use our wealth of experience and knowledge to look at unique situations differently
- Be nice, kind, patient, resourceful, open minded, resilient and forgiving
- Understand why situations occur. We take an evidence based approach to why behaviour occurs and how to respond appropriately.
- Everyone's opinions matters. We value every individual as part of the team and they are key to the success of the people we support and the organisation
- We support a number of uniquely brilliant individuals, each within their own spacious flat. We are looking for the right individuals to join our awesome team.
Here are a couple of quotes from a recent CQC inspection.
"Management bend over backwards for staff, they are really helpful." "Staff told us they felt well supported by the management team and that moral was good. They said they received excellent training and development opportunities." "The Bridge is highly skilled at being responsive to the needs of the individuals. Their problem-solving skills and drive to ensure individuals are not limited by their environment, staff or facilities is second to none."
We are a values-based recruiter so prior experience is not required though is of course welcome! All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) paid for by the company
Our clients are committed to anti-discriminatory policies and practices and it is essential that the post holder shares and promotes this.
This role has previously been advertised. Unless your circumstances have changed there is no need to re- apply as your details have already been considered...... click apply for full job details