£38,000 - £45,000
Magenta are searching for a Supplier Manager to join a large Life Science Research organisation based in Oxford. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing relationships with our suppliers to ensure the quality of materials supplied meets the company’s needs, standards, and expectations.
- Management of the Approved Supplier List: verifying supplier quality standards; track, qualify or disqualify suppliers.
- Assist in the development and implementation of supplier management programs, including periodic business reviews and/or audits
- Review and management of existing Supplier Agreements, including price updates and validity periods and maintenance of accurate supplier records
- Management of new Agreement implementation process
- Generation and implementation of cost reduction ideas
- Writing and maintaining SOPs relevant to supplier management programs
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within an engineering, quality assurance and/or manufacturing supplier quality environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with suppliers and internal customers
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to improve supplier relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO9001 Quality System
- Experience working in the Life Science industry
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing principles
- Internal or external audit training and/or experience
- Degree educated (Life Science desirable)