Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Structural Integrity Management team is a center of excellence for Structural Integrity Management & Advanced Analysis, with extensive experience of delivering projects on a worldwide basis.
Due to increased workload and continuing expansion we are seeking to appoint a Structural Integrity Engineer to join this highly respected, skilled, and motivated team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and dynamic team of highly experienced engineers and analysts. With a strong emphasis on continuing professional development, and chartership. Full training for the role will be provided. Join a culture of innovation ,
pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. Position
Structural Integrity Engineer (Permanent & Flexible Role- hybrid/remote working considered) Opportunity
- Exciting opportunity in the energy sector, in particular Oil and Gas industry
- Inspired, motivated, dynamic and highly technically skilled group
- Based in Aberdeen, working for clients across the world
- Group emphasis on continuing professional development, training, and chartership
- Projects covering structural integrity management and advanced structural analysis of fixed and floating structures, structural engineering, concept and FEED studies, decommissioning, onshore civil and structural facilities
- Develop strong client relationships and provide support to business development
- Contribute to the development of our industry leading approach to Structural Integrity Management and Structural Analysis
- Take responsibility for scope definition, scheduling, delivery and budget responsibility
Skills / Qualifications Requirements
- Supporting structural integrity management projects.
- Writing integrity reports and inspection scopes.
- Reviewing inspection results.
- Developing risk-based inspection strategies.
- Carrying out structural engineering calculations.
- Carrying out basic level structural analysis.
- Supporting weight control databases.
- Writing technical reports and presentations.
- Communication with clients and 3rd parties.
- Developing your knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and industry best practice.
- Developing your competency in the use of various industry packages (integrity, engineering, analysis).
- Providing support to the tendering process.
- Take on reasonability for management and delivery of your projects.
Engineering Degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Naval Architecture.
- Good communication skills.
- Motivated, and with a strong desire to learn.
- Ability to deliver consistently high-quality work
- Open and can-do attitude; and willingness to take on assigned tasks
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills and personalities
- Actively working towards chartership
Aberdeen preferred but remote working would be considered within the UK. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.