J. Barbour & Sons Ltd founded in 1894 is a British lifestyle brand, home to the iconic wax jacket we design, manufacture and market stylish functional clothing and footwear for men, women and children inspired by the unique values of the British countryside. We are the proud holder of three Royal warrants, most recently we have celebrated our 125 years and remain true to our core values as a fifth-generation family business. Barbour is sold in over 40 countries worldwide, including Europe, the US and Japan but we have our headquarters and roots firmly located in the North East of England.
We are currently recruiting for a Supervisor to join our Barbour South Shields Store. You will play a key role in supporting the management of the store and make sure sales budgets and brand objectives are achieved through excellent team and customer service standards. A focus of the role will be ensuring staff are continuously motivated and consistently promote our brand identity. You will have previous supervisory experience and be driven to achieve sales targets, as well has having excellent communication skills and have a genuine passion for retail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Contribute positively towards the sales/ profitability budgets for the store.
* Deputise for the Store Manager as and when required.
* Actively support store management procedures and decision making, in line with Company policy.
* Maintain and encourage clear lines of communication within the store
* Motivate the team through effective leadership and management.
* Assist the store team to deliver outstanding customer service and operational excellence.
* Deliver product relevant training and coaching staff on selling skills techniques.
* Ensure visual merchandising standards are maintained to the highest levels, within brand values.
* Agree store layout, with management, to reflect trading conditions and promotional activity.
* Be a brand ambassador achieving exceptional retail standards and promoting the brand within the locality
* Accurately undertake store administration as and when required.
* Ensure all Health & Safety regulations and Company procedures are adhered to and remedial action is taken if required.
Skills and Experience:
* Experience in a similar retail supervisory role
* People management skills
* Acting with a professional and respectful manner to all individuals
* Effective delegation skills and ability to prioritise work activities
* Able to develop team through training and coaching opportunities
* Excellent customer care and selling skills
* Able to analyse internal data and translate into actions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong relationships internally and externally at all business levels
* Decision making skills
* Time Management for self and transferring organisation to team
* Information Technology skills including: EPOS systems, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet
* Understanding and implementation of visual merchandising
* Staff discount
* Staff shop
* Healthcare cash plan
* 25 days holiday as standard increasing with length of service plus bank holidays
* Free onsite parking