Advantage are currently looking for a Steel Profile/Plate Cutting Machine Operator to join a leading Structural Steel company based in Halifax. This position will be predominantly on a Temporary basis with the view of going Permanent after 12 weeks.
This position is available immediately for the right candidate!
What will you need to be considered for this opportunity:
* Experience and working knowledge of CNC structural steel machinery (Voortman, Ficep, Kaltenbach etc.) Desirable
* CNC cutting experience
* Plate processing, saw drills and associated handling systems including the related programming/operating software
* Experienced in handling structural steelwork components, including the use of overhead cranes
* Cut and punch drilling plates, fittings and Angles
* Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
* Measuring and marking out plates and sections for cutting, shaping and drilling
* Ability to work with minimum supervision
* Keen eye for detail
* Experience in operating Overhead Crane
* Experience working in a heavy engineering environment
* A hardworking mentality
* An honest and reliable personality
* Excellent time keeping
The hours of work are Monday - Thursday 06:45 - 15:15 / Friday 06:45 - 11:45. Overtime rates are paid at time and half after 37 hours per week.
Random drug and alcahol tests will be completed on site