Statutory Accountant - Scunthorpe - £50,000 - £55,000 per annum plus benefits
Chase & Holland are excited to be working with a fantastic manufacturing business as they look to strengthen their finance team with an ambitious ACA or ACCA qualified accountant. This role is ideal for a technical expert who is confident and experienced in preparing statutory financial statements and driving compliance. This is an ideal first or second move in industry for a large practice accountant who is looking to make a difference in a large business who are driving forwards.
Statutory Accountant responsibilities will include:
* Preparation of high quality and timely financial statements for both group and subsidiaries
* Working closely with external and internal auditors
* Active involvement in FRS16 project
* Driving compliance with accounting standards and act as in-house technical liaison for finance colleagues
* Interpreting financial data and explaining financial performance in review
* Drive ongoing improvement of finance practice and performance and ensuring synergy in reporting across the group
* Participate in ad hoc project work
Required skills and experience:
* A qualified and highly experienced ACA/ ACCA Accountant, ideally from a top 10 practice background
* Excellent knowledge and experience of IFRS and FRS101
* IT literate including various ERP systems and excel
* Strong communicator with both financial and non-financial individuals
* Preparation of consolidated financial statements for large businesses
* Continuous improvement mentality, identifying and implementing improvements
In return you will receive:
A competitive salary of up to £55,000 per annum plus generous benefits package. A great opportunity to join a reputable business at an exciting time of development and growth initially on a 9 month contract but with potential to stay permanent.
If you are interested in finding out about this exciting Statutory Accountant opportunity, please click 'apply now'.
Chase & Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in finance, supply chain, HR, IT and office support recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire