Solutions Architect - Knutsford - £50,000 - £65,000 - remote working opportunities
A technical focused Solution Architect with experiencing managing complex landscapes with broad technical stacks is needed to join a very successful financial business (based near Knutsford but very flexible with home working)The Position:
Reporting to the IT Director this is a newly formed role to oversee the full businesses IT functions and help bring everything together with a realignment and collaboration of the departments, working very closely with the various "Heads of" in IT. Due to a number of ongoing successes the business has progressive plans to modernise and realign the IT department and technology stack used - this role plays a key part in shaping things for the future.The Key Responsibilities:
- Design the structure of the businesses complex and vast IT systems, overseeing programmes to ensure the correct architecture is implemented.
- Lead the design of a number of strategic tech platforms and in conjunction with the IT Director select the best fit for purpose technologies to adopt. This will include creating design documentation and working very closely with the heads of departments across IT to ensure the whole department is on-board and well aligned.
- Produce consistent documentation standards of architectural design across the IT team.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Always keep up to date with new and emerging technologies within IT that could be used and adopted by the business (across Infrastructure, Development, Networking, Security, Applications)
- 2yrs+ within an architectural level role (technical or solution architect)
- Experience in a similar role for Enterprise and complex environments
- Hands-on IT background across a very borad range of technologies through software development and Infrastructure (note this is a strategic role and NOT hands-on now)
- Excellent communicator with the ability to help teams collaborate and positively influence.
- Experience and knowledge with Cloud technologies (AWS or Aure)
- Familiar with a number of coding languages (nodejs, rails etc) along with operating systems and infrastructure technologies
- Strong leadership skills and experience working with stakeholders across the business up to C level
To find out more about this exciting opportunity or apply send your CV to Heather Bilas at Opus Recruitment Solutions (heather.bilas at opusrs...... click apply for full job details