Software & Controls Support Engineer with experience in a FMCG environment.
Must be able to work autonomously, use own experience and initiative to overcome customer facing issues. The attitude must one of "Do What It Takes" as our customer is base is mainly large FMCG companies who demand performance and results.
On a day-to-day basis you will be supported by great 2nd Line Support team and Software Development team for more in-depth technical issues.
* Experience with 1st line support / remote support or helpdesk support.
* As part of this position you will be providing technical support for drives, automation, networks, and instrumentation and rise to any challenges this area presents.
* Projects vary, however typically consist of PLC based control systems (Allen Bradley, Siemens & Mitsubishi).
* You will have exposure to multiple independent safety systems ranging from Safety PLCs through to hardwired relay logic and analogue instrumentation.
* You will be routinely writing/updating PLC codes and designing/upgrading HMI & SCADA packages.
* You may be involved in the final stage of installations / commissioning and providing technical support once systems are in operation.
* Work collaboratively within a well-established team of Installation & Design Engineers
* Lodge away, as required, dependant on the job and location
* Good all-round computer literacy Inc MS Office365 & SharePoint.
* Have exposure to multiple independent PLC/HMI/SCADA Systems such as Rockwell (Allen Bradley), Siemens S7 (TIA, Step7, WINCC) GE Proficy iFix (Desirable but training given) & Mitsubishi GX Develpoer/GXWorks/GTWorks (Q-Type & FX).
* Knowledge of Electrical Wiring Regulations
* Carry out electrical control system installation and integration works, as required by the support issue presented.
* Generate Control System Wiring Change Drawings.
* Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and identify potential electrical or control system problems.
* At least 3 years' experience in Controls Engineering / PLC / SCADA engineering
* Experience in, or a willingness to, train and mentor customer maintenance engineers in controls engineering.
* A hands-on approach, with the ability to liaise with all levels within our organisation, and with a strong desire to work within a dynamic team with exposure to a wide variety of support issues & projects