Senior- £50,000- £55,000
Principle- £60,000- £68,000
You will be required to support a mixture of R&D and product development activities within a
leading autonomy and unmanned systems company. Our customer continuously innovates within
the core area of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS/UAV) such as autopilots, mission systems,
ground control stations, and all supporting systems and infrastructure. You will be keen to get involved in all development areas and have a good track history /proven track record in both problem solving and quality software development.
Your role as a Software Engineer will involve Architecting, implementing, and testing
embedded applications and system software. This will include improving existing software
and developing new features.
Working as part of a team in a multidisciplinary environment you will have good
communication skills. A can-do attitude and a genuine passion for innovative technology will
be advantageous. The opportunity will enable the successful candidate to gain knowledge of
cutting-edge autonomous systems.
* Primarily, your role will be to architect, implement and test mission critical applications and software for our existing and new products, written in C++ and/or Java.
* Ensure software redundancy, real-time, safety and security objectives are met.
* You will be responsible for delivery of technical work and documentation.
* Gain system wide knowledge and become a subject matter expert.
* Proactively engage with other engineers, teams and leadership to ensure needs are understood and met
* Work as a team to deliver, maintain and innovate the UAV mission system and individual modules within the mission system.
* Get involved in simulation testing, flight testing and bug fixing.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
* To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required within the grade and level of the post.
* You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company.
* Some travel within the UK may be required.
* Experience with one or more modern Object-Oriented Languages such as C++ or Java.
* Working knowledge of Linux and/or real time operating systems such as FreeRTOS.
* Good understanding of development tool chain for debugging and problem solving.
* Quality mindset with a test-driven development approach.
Other useful skills for this role:
* Use of C on embedded systems.
* Testing and automation experience.
* Team leading and mentoring junior engineers.
* Experience with quality standards (esp. DO-178 or similar will benefit greatly).
* Good communication skills for internal and external technical discussions.
* Knowledge of any of the following DDS, GIS, MISRA C++
* Project management experience