The successful applicant will work as a member of the housekeeping team within a residential setting for older people and assist in the provision of a high quality catering, cleaning and laundry service to our service users.
Requirements Delivering a Fairer Future -
Under the Council's positive action programme, applications for this post are particularly encouraged from male applicants.
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
This post is excepted in terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 2003.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with protected adults.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to and click on Code of Practice for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal records check provided by Disclosure Scotland. Applications online
Please note all correspondence will be sent to your email address. South Lanarkshire Council are Equal Opportunities employees and encourage applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position. South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview where their previous employer was the armed forces and who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
- To clean food production areas, equipment and utensils.
- To undertake all hygienic work practices in relation to the storage, preparation, cooking and service of food.
- To clean and protect a variety of floor surfaces
- To clean furniture, furnishing, fixtures and fittings.
- To clean sanitary fixtures and fittings and replenish sundries
- To remove refuse.
- To clean vertical surfaces without the use of access equipment
- To assist with the daily well-being of all residents and helping to establish them within their new environment...... click apply for full job details