Lifeways Group are looking for an experienced Learning Disabilities Service Manager who will be responsible for 5 supported living services in Macclesfield & Congleton.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of the people we support so a caring and supporting attitude is a necessity.
The people we support have varied challenges from very limited support through to complex care, and you will work collaboratively with the area manager to drive quality within the services to maximize opportunities for the people we support to have inclusive and great lives.
Driving is essential to this role so a full driving licence is required
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES UNDERTAKEN BY THE SERVICE MANAGER:
· To monitor and support the delivery of person centred services to all people using the service.
· To monitor and support the health and safety of people using the service and support staff
· To ensure that the actions of all staff directly supporting people using the service support their care, protection and well-being, and in compliance with external regulations and standards
· To provide supervision and support to Team Leaders and Support Workers through effective recruitment and selection, coaching and Performance Management as well as Support to manage their team of Support Workers.
· To ensure effective financial administration of the services delivered, through the effective deployment of staff and budgets
· To use and update IT processes to include the completion of accurate rota and timesheet information using Lifeways Cold Harbour system as per Lifeways procedures
· To work effectively with external agencies to promote the work of Lifeways and to increase referrals and placements within the Area in line with defined business targets.
· To develop the knowledge and skill of staff teams through delivering service specific training as and when required
· To develop own knowledge and practice relative to continuous service improvement
· Ensure that all services delivered are compliant to contract
· Audit services regularly and report accordingly
· Continuously improve service performance across services for which you are responsible
· Recognise and encourage innovation across services for which you are responsible
· Ensure that purchaser contracts and agreements are in place for all people using the service
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES UNDERTAKEN BY THE SERVICE MANAGER:
· Supervise, mentor and act as a positive role model to Team Leaders to ensure effective and efficient person centred service delivery to all people who use the service
· Conduct annual performance appraisals for all team members
· Take a lead role in developing and delivering an appropriate induction programme for new staff
· Motivate the staff team to drive and improve service delivery
· Participate in rotational on-call system as assigned
Professional Qualification/NVQ Level 5 or NVQ 4 (or working towards)
Experience within the learning disability sector is essential
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Service Managers may be asked to carry out other activities as specified by the Area Manager
*The Lifeways Group are an equal opportunities employer and are regulated by CQC in England. For Scotland, successful applicants are required to join the PVG Scheme and register with the SSSC