Senior Welding Engineer - Permanent FT
Location - Tipton
Competitive salary and benefits
Doosan is partner to the leading lights of the energy sector, bringing our innovation and expertise to the industry's greatest challenges. We deliver projects that enrich lives around the world. That's why we're investing so much in innovation, ensuring we have the very latest tools, technology and techniques at our disposal. But the most important investment we can make is in talent, because when people like you join our team in a role like this, the business can only continue to be seen as experts within the field
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Welding Engineer within our Asset Management division in Tipton. The purpose of this role is to provide specialist welding engineering advice and solutions with related documentation and to provide Project Engineering support to all Doosan Babcock Business Units and their customers.
* To originate documentation related to welding engineering (e.g. Welding Procedures, Heat Treatment procedures).
* Management of welding procedure qualifications and welder qualification tests/documentation.
* Review of subcontractor documentation.
* Produce Engineering Working procedures and Inspection and Test Plans.
* Review technical content of drawings.
* Provide technical advice for preparation of Tenders and Customer enquiries.
* Effective liaison with clients, engineers, project managers and internal departments.
* Specifying NDT and mechanical testing requirements
* Specifying and purchasing of specialist materials and reviewing/approving associated test certification.
Applicants should have a minimum of an HNC in a relevant discipline and a TWI Diploma in Welding Technology and Welding Engineering. You should have significant experience in a welding/project function with systems management experience in project controls and procedure/qualification control. In addition, you should be working to Quality Management system requirements and possess client and man management skills.
If you are interested in a new challenge, please apply online now