Permanent Senior Industrial Engineer required for a large manufacturer to work within a busy Process Engineering team.
The responsibilities of the Senior Process Engineers will include:
* Supporting all aspects of manufacturing. This includes New Product Introductions (NPI), capital expenditure projects, continuous process improvement, manufacturing layouts, implementing automation to drive efficiencies.
* Ensuring that existing and new processes and machine centres have sustained capabilities against process control indices.
* Undertaking a lead role in New Product Introduction projects taking into account all aspects of layout, material flow, PFMEA etc using standardised lean principles.
* Continuing to develop skill set through continuous professional development.
* Supporting the Industrial Engineering Manager to achieve the team's aims and objectives.
* A minimum of HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
* Flexibility around working hours.
* A Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
* Experience of high volume sheet metal fabrication processes including bespoke machinery, robotics and fig/fixture design.
* Working knowledge of Siemens PLCs would be advantageous.
* Experience of implementing processes in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
* Work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
* Communicate effectively at all levels.
* Work well as part of a close-knit team.
* Be flexible and proactive.
* Experience in a similar role within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
* Access to our recognition and reward portal, providing discounts at over 850 retail stores.
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
* Company pension scheme and Life Insurance.
Please click apply now or call Xavier in the Acorn Plymouth office to discuss further.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment