Founded in 2014 by ex-Goldman Sachs leaders, CEO Kirat Singh and Mark Higgins. Beacon builds and designs enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. In addition to developing applications for front and middle office users, the Beacon Platform includes cloud-based, secure sandbox infrastructure, a full suite of developer tools, and transparent source code to give its clients unparalleled power to own the full stack and achieve their business goals. A collaborative and innovative team, Beacon is now 140+ employees with offices in New York, London, Berlin, and Tokyo.
Purpose of Job
The successful candidate will help Glint continue to grow, exercising an eye for detail across all aspects of the development lifecycle while maintaining organization and good code hygiene. This engineer should be able to effectively communicate both with Beacon's internal teams and with clients.
- Design, implement and maintain components and frameworks that add to Glint's toolset.
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to understand their application development needs
- Research new technologies to implement within the Glint environment, seek out inefficiencies and match relevant technology solutions to resolve them
- Participate in code reviews and provide technical feedback to the team
- Provide technical guidance and vision for Glint's front-end ecosystem.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the team.
Successful Candidates possess these qualities
- Self-starter who is passionate about technology
- Keen eye for automation and improving efficiency
- Comfortable with fast-paced and strongly collaborative environments
- Able to take on ideas and feedback from both technical experts and business thought-leaders
- Takes ownership for their work and has exceptional attention to detail
- Actively seek to improve the product and take ownership of progressing the framework
Required skills and experience
- Experience in component-based frontend frameworks e.g. React or Angular
- Experience in frontend state management e.g. React+Redux
- Experience writing frontend unit & end-to-end tests e.g. Jest, Jasmine, Mocha and Puppeteer or Selenium
- Demonstrated ability of building high-performing data-heavy web applications
- Experienced in optimising project, component and rendering performance issues using modern tooling.
- Open to extending full-stack experience & learning Python as part of the role.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in agile-based project management structure
- Familiarity with Git
- Attention to good UI/UX design
We are smart, curious people who want to work somewhere that respects all of our lives and interests. This means we all care about - and respects the boundaries of - work-life balance, but when we work, we work hard and with great attention to detail.
Beacon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Beacon encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Beacon Platform participates in eVerify