Senior Firmware Engineer
Working collaboratively as part of a high performing team, you'll work across exciting new product development projects taking lead and ownership of elements of the project plans as well as supporting our current products.
You'll be responsible for aspects of the development life cycle, including: development of core products, new feature requests and enhancements, development of new innovative products and adherence to formal design principles using best practice processes.
Using your technical knowledge and experience you will influence and inspire best practice.You will need to be proactive, hands on and driven to ensure the delivery of all activities in line with agreed deadlines.
- Fulfil requirements of the development life cycle from concept through design, implementation, test and on to final manufacture
- Owning elements of project plans and influencing overall project timescales with a focus on 'on time delivery'
- Lead design reviews to ensure that Rotork designs and solutions comply with specifications and applicable standards
- Develop and execute functional and non-functional test specifications to ensure compliance to requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Software or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong product design experience ideally for industrial or reliable products
- C programming experience (embedded C)
- Understanding of electronics and embedded software
- Proven experience of analysing, designing, testing, debugging, and enhancing existing/new products used in an industrial environment.
- Unit testing/ regression testing experience
- Understanding of a variety of project management methodologies (e.g. agile).
- Understanding of network protocols
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow or liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market leadership. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business...... click apply for full job details