The A303 scheme runs between Sparkford and Ilchester and the total cost of is worth in excess of £135m. Construction will commence in Summer 2021 and the programme will run to December 2023 (unless you can contribute to it delivering ahead of schedule!). The project, delivered in collaboration with Highways England will comprise of 5.5km of all-purpose dual carriageway, two all movement grade separated interchanges including an underbridge incorporating an existing roundabout as well as and overbridge finished with provision for cyclists, pedestrians and equestrians.YOUR ROLE
As a Senior Engineer, you will take full ownership for setting out, engineering control and quality in addition to coordinating and mentoring the site engineering team.You will;
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
- Assist the Site Agent in planning and coordinating the project and resources.
- Coordination of subcontractors to ensure they achieve programme outputs.
- Write, review and implement Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Write, review and implement Inspection Test Plans (ITP's)
- Ensure works are carried out as per ITP's including correct engineering checks, hold points, inspections and tests.
- Manage the site engineering team, delegate tasks, train & mentor junior engineers and lead by example.
- Control and update programmes/attend coordination meetings and daily/2week/monthly and 3 monthly lookaheads as required.
- Ensure works are in accordance with the Specification Highways Works (SHW), Project Works Information and drawings.
- Raising design related Request for Information (RFI's) and Technical Queries (TQ's).
- Ensure accurate and timely records are kept including site diaries, quality assurance documentation (QA), photos, as-built surveys, red-line drawings and test results.
- Constant communication and liaison with the commercial team providing detailed information to allow for accurate financial reporting including compensation events (CE) and early warnings (EW's).
- Manage snagging system that records and clears all snags and notifies commercial team and subcontractors.
- Control and minimise waste on site.
- Identify/assist in introducing new process, techniques and innovations on site.
- Ensure all company property under your control is taken care of and stored securely when not in use.
We are looking for passion and a willingness to deliver excellence. If you have a solid experience as a senior engineer with exposure to structures or earthworks packages of work, then I want to hear from you. You'll possess advanced setting out skills, able to use Level and EDM with knowledge of GPS preferred. Obviously, you'll have the usual good stuff such as an HNC or degree in civil engineering and valid CSCS, but we are looking for more than just that-we are looking for the right person to work safely, motivate and manage our site engineers and subcontractors on site as well as strive for exceptional levels of performance, if this is you, call me today!IN RETURN
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.About Us
Galliford Try is one of the UK's most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people's lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.We are committed to agile working, giving our people the freedom and flexibility to adapt their working life around their home life to achieve a proper balance. Our smart working approaches allow greater use of technology in the way we carry out our business, ensuring we provide a working environment that works for everyone.OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a better time to join our family, in particular our Highways business where we have seen impressive growth over the last few years achieving tremendous success under the CDF Framework and Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks. Right now, we are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions. We've secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a really strong position to capitalise further so now is the time to update that CV and come and join us, exciting times are ahead!For more information on this Senior Engineer role or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact adam.wright@Additional Information:
Galliford Try welcomes applications from candidates who would like to work full-time, part-time and / or flexibly and this will be discussed in more detail as part of the recruitment process.We encourage you and would be grateful if you could confirm any requirements we can reasonably fulfil to make this application a positive experience for you.Don't meet every requirement of the role? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Galliford Try, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement of the role, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.Galliford Try are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applicationsPrimary Location
Construction & InvestmentsJob Type
Nov 7, 2022, 5:05:50 AM