Lead and manage designs
* Manage and lead (at a technical capacity) the design task on day-to-day basis
* Allocate parts of the design to the design engineer and CAD technician
* Checking of design engineer's calculations and drawings.
* Ensure codes and standards and company procedures are followed.
* Ensure deadlines are set are met.
Key measures & targets:
* Able to make technically and regulation driven decision on design
* Project Managers and sub agents
* Temporary works co-ordinators
* Ability to carry out simple structural calculations without a software package
* Ability to convey design schemes in forms of hand skeches to design team and project teams
* In depth experience of temporary works design and use
* Near chartered or chartered
* Experience in civil schemes temporary works
* Experience in leading graduate engineers and CAD technicians
* Experience in frame analysis software and structural codes such as Eurocode
* Experience in using BS5975 for temporary works design
* Ability to draft design concepts in CAD
* Ability to develop and communicate best practice
* Ability to work and communicate confidently and effectively with both senior personnel within Barhale as well as external customers