Senior Associate Solicitor
Due to the continued growth of our highly regarded Industrial Disease team we are looking to recruit a new fee earner. The successful candidates will be a qualified senior Solicitor or Cilex, ideally with a solid background in claimant industrial disease work - namely mesothelioma, asbestosis, lung cancer and pleural thickening. However applicants with defendant Disease experience may be considered. The newest team member would be likely to be a Grade A senior lawyer looking to join the team at Associate/Senior Associate level or possibly above.
Our ID fee earners are based in our London, Bath, Swindon and Oxford offices. It is anticipated the role will be a mix of remote and office based working with significant client contact.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and help shape a growing team with an enviable reputation in this niche area.
Duties will include:
* Managing a caseload of quality industrial disease files, with supervision and guidance from renowned experts in the field, and the opportunity to supervise junior fee earners and paralegals,
* Building on their links with charities, medical professionals and support groups within their geographical area and throughout the asbestos community,
* Dealing directly with clients and their families to take instructions and advising in order to deliver on client expectations,
* Researching and drafting articles, arranging and attending events and running campaigns and assisting with all aspects of Business Development
Skills, Experience and Attributes
* Qualified Solicitors or Cilex 4-8 PQE+
* Solid ID asbestos claims experience preferred, but those with defendant ID experience may be considered.
* An excellent reputation within the asbestos community and ideally with established links with medical professionals, charities and support groups.
* Strong client skills with a focus on delivery of excellent client service.
* Organised and able to effectively prioritise
We are a progressive UK Top 100 law firm known for our commercial, private client, clinical negligence and personal injury work.
Our firm has 450 people with offices in Bath, Oxford, London, Swindon and Marlborough.
At Royds Withy King, people come first. Our brand is built around being 'Ahead of the Curve'. By this we mean always trying to put ourselves in our clients' shoes, looking ahead to the future, anticipating their needs and coming up with solutions.
We also pride ourselves on providing a brilliant place to work. We recognise that investing in our people and their career is the only way we can succeed in achieving what is best for our clients. Our friendly, accessible and supportive culture is incredibly important to us and we are continually looking at new ways to nurture and enhance it. Our people tell us that this is a firm with a flat structure, where everyone has a voice and everyone's opinions matter.
Over a number of years, we have developed a robust and transparent framework which shows you exactly what you need to achieve in order to grow your career at the firm. This isn't just about hitting KPIs.
The framework helps you to understand how your contribution and behaviours are woven together to create the basis for your progression in the firm. From Secretary to Partner, you can see exactly what is expected of you along the way