SEN Teaching Assistant in Special School in Lewisham with ASD as a specialism**
Do you have experience working with children and young people with ASD?
Experience with ASD pupils in either a mainstream or SEN?
Able to build a strong rapport with young people?
Worked with ASD students on a 1:1 or small group basis?
Already worked as either an SEN TA or Learning Support Assistant or Youth Worker or Support Worker?
If your answer to the above is yes then this could be perfect for this post!
Larger than average and successful Special School located in the borough of Lewisham is looking for a temp to perm (for the right individual) SEN Teaching Assistant who specialises in ASD.
This special school in Lewisham have an outstanding Senior Leadership Team and supportive Middle Managers. This is a supportive school that is going in the right direction. Good to Outstanding teachers and support staff who genuinely make a difference to the young people who attend. Students who attend this school are both primary & secondary ages. State of the art facilities and contemporary building.
Currently they are recruiting for an outstanding SEN Teaching Assistant who has experience with ASD students. This is a full time, long term SEN Teaching Assistant post. For the right person, after the long term post there is a permanent post. Essentially you would be working with an ASD child on a 1:1 basis and there will be instances where you would be a small group of SEN students. You are the type of individual who can lead with clear example with a positive attitude & imperative you can build a strong rapport with young people. Additionally you will be available immediately for this long term post and will have an in date DBS with the update service and also in commutable distance to Lewisham.
We are looking for the following;
* Experience working with ASD pupils as either an SEN TA/Support Worker/ Youth Worker or an LSA
* You can cope under pressure and can maintain your composure
* Experience in either a mainstream or SEN School with ASD students.
* Must be safety conscious at all times & able to adjust to potential hazards
* Have worked with pupils on a 1:1 or small group basis
* Calm, patient and consistent individual who can build a strong rapport with young people
* In date DBS with the update service
* Close proximity/ commutable distance to Lewisham