SEN Teaching Assistant - Islington
Do you have experience supporting primary-aged children on the autistic spectrum?
Could you commit to working with a pupil on a 1:1 basis for the full academic year?
If so, In Reach can help! We're currently working with a fantastic primary school in the heart of Islington (North London) who is looking for someone that has experience (not necessarily within a school setting) to join them on a full-time basis from September and support a pupil who will be joining the school in KS1 who is on the autistic spectrum (non-veral).
The school has two classes per year, was recently rated 'good' by Ofsted, has excellent facilities and a team to match. The SENCO would like to welcome the new member of staff in September and offer a long-term position for the right person.
Criteria (What we're looking for):
* Degree qualified or completed relevant SEN qualifications
* Min 3 months experience supporting primary aged children in the last 2 years
* Excellent knowledge on autism and how to support pupils on the spectrum
* Makaton, Pecs and other programs (highly desirable)
* Other SEN knowledge and experience welcomed
* Enthusiastic, excellent communicator and team player
* Available full-time from September
* DBS on the update service or willing to complete asap
* Live locally to North London
To find out more about this exciting opportunity and make a real difference in a pupil's life. Please send your CV by applying via the link and a member of the In Reach team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Please note; you will need to complete vetting checks, provided references, and have an enhanced childcare DBS on the update service