Experienced Science Teachers / Science NQTs welcome to apply
Science Teacher -SEN/SEMH
Are you a motivated Science teacher who is creative in the classroom, and who is committed to joining a close-knit team?
This one of a kind SEMH school in Mid Cornwall needs an enthusiastic Science Teacher to join them on a long-term basis from September 2020
• SEN/ SEMH Science
• October 2020 start - MPS
• SEN/ SEMH School
• Must have QTS/NQT
A very successful special needs school which caters to students between the aged of 6 -16; who have Social Emotional Mental Health. The school is incredibly proud of the journey it has been on and its achievements.
The school has less than 12 pupils and aiming to get to 24 within the year, pupils get the 1-1 support and education required to enhance their journey.
The school has recognised academic success the help of their supportive department on hand for any queries. The school has excellent facilities including large spacious classrooms for practical lessons. Some students you will teach may have additional learning difficulties such as ASD, ADHD and Dyslexia.
There will be the opportunity for the successful Science Teacher to work in a structured and creative school. Previous experience teaching KS2-KS4 would be an advantage.
Experience, Training And Qualifications
• B.Ed /PGCE/ QTS or equivalent teaching degree
• Minimum 1-year Science Teacher experience in the UK (NQT training is acceptable)
• Prior SEN Experience is an advantage (not essential)
• Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year ( Teaching Personnel will provide this course for free)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Be able to work a minimum of 5 days
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two professional child related references
For further information contact Lewis at Teaching Personnel Cornwall.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.