Aston Services Group is currently looking for a mature and preferably experienced Retail Security Officer holding a current Manned Guarding / Door Supervisor licence to provide permanent security duties at one of our busy Shopping Centres in Seaham.
This position is full time and would be working on permanent days inc weekends. Overtime is available if required.
Full and ongoing training with a view to career development including opportunities to progress are available.
You must have clear communication skills with a smart and presentable appearance. You must be flexible and have the ability to be able to work well on your own and with a team, undertaking multiple tasks throughout the course of a shift such as some scheduled cleaning of the centre.
You need to be physically fit as there is a lot of walking involved within the position but must also some general cleaning duties. Your duties will include:
* Excellent Customer Service skills
* High vigilance to ensure a safe / secure working environment
* Liaising with Centre Management
* Meeting and greeting visitors
* Lock up/unlock procedures and incident response / reporting
* Working with access control systems, vetting visitors and contractors
* Have an understanding of health & safety
* Patrolling internal and external areas
* Have good report writing skills
Full uniform is provided (head to toe)
Must be punctual and have the ability to think on your feet.
You must have the following:
* Appropriate & current SIA License either Security manned Guarding (frontline) or Door Supervision (frontline) is required
* Current CCTV license is preferable but can be obtained upon employment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong observational skills
* Good understanding of Security requirements / functions
* Full 5 year checkable history
* Experience dealing with emergency situations
* First Aid Training preferred but not essential and this can be obtained upon employment
Monday - Saturday
Early shift 6am-5pm
Late shift 9am-8pm
Sunday both early and late shift start at 8am and finish at 7pm.
ASG Ltd are committed to promoting fairness and equality through our recruitment process. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community