Prospero Teaching are looking to appoint a pro-active and dedicated School Cover Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Laurus Trust family, and to play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of the Trust. Support staff work tirelessly to ensure all services run smoothly and efficiently, enabling our teaching staff to focus on delivering an outstanding education for our students.
Provide stability and continuity for students whose lessons are affected through short-term teaching staff absence and to provide support to teaching staff and students.
Use clearly structured teaching and learning activities, to interest and motivate students and advance their learning.
Communicate effectively and sensitively with students to support their learning.
Use behaviour management strategies in line with the school's policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
Work to advance students' learning in the classroom settings where the assigned teacher is not present.
Organise and manage safely the learning activities, the physical teaching space and the resources for which they are given responsibility.
Support the team with administration duties when not required for cover during the working day.
Make use of the school disciplinary and reward systems.
Provide support to the Examination Officer with examination administration and invigilation of internal and external examinations when required.
Location - Birmingham
* Position - School Cover Manager
* Type of work - KS3/4 GCSE
* Start date - ASAP
* Likely Duration - Long term, on-going
* Position end date - on-going
* Contract type - Temporary
* 5 days a week
* Rate of pay - £75- £110 Per Day
* Hours - 07:00 am - 13:15pm (term time only)Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy