ASG are proud to be recruiting for a Security Officer with a SIA license to work alongside our team based in the centre of Gateshead.
A bit about us
ASG are the UK's fastest growing independent Facilities Service provider. We have been around since the 1960' and we have ambitious plans to continue our growth into the future.
Our knowledge of and flair for retail and 'built' environments enables effective and innovative working relationships where facility services become solutions.
We continue to grow by adopting best practice across the whole group: developing our facility services' people to enhance your business means that we equip and prepare our people to work to their best on your behalf.
Aptitude by Aston illustrates our total commitment to quality and encompasses our ethos, our ability, and capability, our holistic approach, our talent…
About the role
· The full-time security role with a chance of overtime, we require someone who will demonstrate their character as determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times.
· When dealing with members of the public or when dealing with our client, their visitors, the tenants and other persons, you will show a welcoming and friendly manner whilst making sure that the appropriate level of site security is maintained at all times.
· As the first point of contact for to all customers and clients, our security staff must have a good level of understanding and appreciation of their surroundings - sometimes you will be an ambassador, a guide, a helper, an expert in the local area. As a trusted employee, you are often the only person that represents who we are and what our clients do!
· You must be confident in speaking on the phone, reading and sending emails, using various IT systems, monitoring CCTV and Alarms systems, and responding to emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
· As a member of our Full-Time security team you must be able to spot and stop all suspicious or potential criminal activity, you must retain full control of the situation until the arrival of other colleagues and / or the emergency services and you must be confident to be being In Control.
· You will be required to patrol the exterior of the site, liaising with visitors and tenants alike.
7am-7pm / 7pm-7am Days & Nights - Duties per month Minimum 19 Maximum 21.
· Our security team members will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
· A reasonable level of fitness as you will spend a majority of your shift outside/on your feet.
· The security team members will be able to work on own initiative.
· Security experience required. We want to grow your experience and develop you further!
· We need a flexible approach to work; we don't offer a simple 9 to 5 role.
· You need excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be confident in talking, explaining and instructing - sometimes, what we do needs a very assertive character
· It is important all our security staff are calm under pressure.
· You need to be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and also Criminal Evidence Act.
It's the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a professional and caring company, such as - holidays, pension, and free uniform - they also provide many extra benefits to enhance their employee's well-being and enjoyment at work. With our client you are not 'just an employee', you are much more than that. You will bring experience, ability, skills and knowledge which will help us and which will help you thrive in our business and, in return, we will support you, guide you, empower you and give you a greater depth of understanding and a greater number of transferrable skills. Together we will be stronger.
ASG Ltd are committed to promoting fairness and equality through our recruitment process. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community