Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Sandwell based client for a Resettlement Worker to support clients to establish stable, safe new homes for themselves and their children, maintain their wellbeing during the transition, and improve their future resilience.
This is a full time permanent position which offers a salary of £20,849 - £22,099.
Full driving license and access to own vehicle required for this role.
* Work with women and their children using evidence based tools to risk assess and identify their needs
* Provide practical support to establish a stable new home, including viewing properties with clients, setting up utility suppliers, obtaining furnishings and home essentials etc.
* Use motivational interviewing and a solution focused approach to work directly with the women and children, whether face to face or via media platforms
* Engage women at the point they are planning move on and bidding for properties, developing effective packages of support tailored to meet the needs of the family in their resettlement
* Develop and deliver individual support, safety and risk management plans to address the risk of harm to women and their children who are leaving the Refuge at short notice in an unplanned move-on
* Advocate on behalf of the women and their children, supporting them to engage with community support services, neighbourhood teams, health services etc., in order to integrate into the community and improve future resilience
* Consider the long-term safety, security and wellbeing of families in their move-on plans, improving their future resilience and building knowledge of their options, rights and entitlements to prevent revictimisation or future homelessness
* Support families' transition from refuge into the community through emotional support, crisis management, building their confidence and ensuring seamless transition in support
* Develop and encourage women and their children to become involved in communication and consultation mechanisms to ensure that the current and future service developments are reflective of the changing needs of children accessing refuge
* Work closely with other Refuge staff to ensure a seamless handover of support from the caseworker to Resettlement worker, as the focus of their support moves from recovery to resettlement
* Develop good working relationships and liaise with outside agencies about the risks and needs of victims when needed
* Ensure that any issues in relation to safeguarding children or vulnerable adults are brought to the immediate attention of the manager
* Offer support to families in applying for Local Welfare provisions and grants
* Minimum level 3 qualification in a related field and good standard of general education, GCSEs English and Mathematics - Grade C or above
* Experience of working with vulnerable adults and children within a supportive setting, acknowledging safeguarding concerns and responding appropriately
* Experience of managing complex casework, including issues such as child abuse, mental health, substance abuse, working with trauma in adults and children and crisis intervention
* Experience of taking the lead in coordinating support for individuals/ families in a multi-agency setting
* Knowledge of the indicators and dynamics of domestic abuse from both an adult and child's perspective and other forms of interpersonal violence, including barriers to accessing services and seeking help
* Knowledge of relevant legislation and good practice requirements, complex needs including problematic substance use, mental health issues and harm reducing interventions
* Experience of applying health and safety, GDPR compliance and management.
DBS is required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a "Refer A Friend" bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer