Jobs: Regional Risk Surveyor
Location: South Wales and the Southwest
The Client works with new build, refurbishment and conversion developments which puts quality build and customer service first. Their team is knowledgeable and experienced, helping developers and builders to identify issues early so that they don't become problems for their customers
* Represent the Client and associated companies as a key client contact throughout the region and act as key ambassador for the client and associated companies services.
* Responsibility to identify, reduce and manage risk to the underwriters, and ensure a clear audit trail is maintained to demonstrate adequate risk assessment.
* Run designated projects, including new build, refurbishment, conversion and mixed-use developments, from inception to completion (with support from other team members as necessary), including attendance on-site and at meetings, inputting vital advice and support to the developer's team, and where applicable, using time available to explain potential issues and help site teams to avoid making mistakes.
* Play a pivotal role in the risk management process on behalf of the underwriter, maintaining exceptionally well organised and detailed records of site visits, developing expert and creative solutions to challenging construction problems and providing support and advice as required.
* Liaise with Designers, Suppliers, Sub-Contractors and Site Management Teams to achieve quality, defect-free completed unit fit for insurance and occupation.
* Maintain excellent communication with site management teams and client representatives to manage a site visit schedule in line with the programme of works.
* Use Proteus (the client's bespoke surveying software) to record defects and observations, take full photographic schedule of defects & site practices, prepare & distribute reports.
* Undertake pre-construction project assessments in-line with the client's process, reviewing design, specifications and technical reports to analyse and assess quality risk of project.
* Identify and communicate any areas of enhanced or unusual risk in a project, or issues with the project team, to the Underwriting Team to ensure the underwriter's risk can be
* properly managed and protected where required.
* Assist Underwriting Team with technical assessment of projects as well as Developers, Builders, and Contractors.
* Provide technical advice and support as required, providing solutions to ensure quality, defect-free build.
* Identify and manage the flow of information required for each project, working closely with the Completions Team for the timely co-ordination of completions.
* Maintain project file on Company Dropbox, ensuring all relevant documentation is clearly labelled and stored in a logical manner.
* Assist Technical Management Team and Directors with the overall growth and development of the Surveying & Technical Team, participating in regular meetings and training sessions.
* Assist Technical Management Team and Directors with audit preparation and ensure that files are ready for review.
* Assist other Teams working within the client, with technical support and guidance as required, ensuring good communication and input into the overall company processes and procedures as required.
* Assist the other Managers and Directors in the overall growth & development of the Client and associated companies.
* Assist the Directors in the growth and development of the Client's brand, developing new contacts and relationships with clients to assist in securing new work streams for the Client.
* Promote all services currently offered by all Group companies to all Clients. Any other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
* A relevant qualification (BEng, BSc, HND, HNC or equivalent) is preferred as well as an eagerness to work towards a formal professional qualification / membership (CIOB, RICS, MIStructE, MICE, MCABE, CEng etc). Alternatively a significant and proven experience of the physical built environment and construction processes may be acceptable for this role.
* It is essential that you have a thorough understanding of the Building Regulations and building technologies and legislation, together with the ability to interpret and apply technical theory and Building Regulations to practical situations and be able to explain this and provide mentoring and support to other team members.
* A good understanding of Health & Safety requirements in the construction industry is also required.
* IT literate and competent, experienced user of general Microsoft Office software and mobile phone software and operating systems.
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual able to work independently and unsupervised whilst being able to manage and motivate others on-site.
* Excellent presentation, report writing and communication skills - with the ability to deal with staff at all levels and handle difficult situations with diplomacy.
* Excellent attention to detail, a common-sense approach to business and client requirements and the ability to read situations quickly and accurately, is essential.
* Smart (business appropriate) appearance, discreet nature, flexible attitude and a general commitment to do what it takes to get the job done.
* Full clean driving licence is essential - since the post requires a significant amount of travel.
For more information on this role call Emma, Nancy or Branwen on (phone number removed).
If you're not interested in this role but know someone who would be please feel free to pass on these details. We are also running a referral scheme where you could receive £100 in high street vouchers for any referrals that are placed