Reflection room supervisor
Salary £17,086 - £19,378
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position Level 2 or over 6 months experience of working in a Secondary School.
Permanent / 37.5 hours / term time only
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a reflection room supervisor to work in a local Secondary school in Cambridge starting asap
You will be responsible for supervising students who have been sent to the schools Reflection Room, ensuring they settle quickly, and work hard during their time in the
1. In liaison with other members of the pastoral team, prepare the reflection room to receive students referred.
2. Supervise students in the Reflection room, ensuring they are complying with the rules and working. Ensure standards in the reflection room are maintained with rigor and in line with expectations.
3. Discuss referrals with the child with the aim of helping the students to identify how their behaviour was incorrect.
4. Distribute work completed in the RR back to staff, and monitor work books and sheets in the RR, working with departments to restock as necessary.
5. Monitor and administer the online referrals to the Reflection Room and detentions using the Go4Schools system. To be proactive in contacting families as needed to discuss issues.
6. Liaise with departments as needed to ensure students referred to the Reflection Room are able to make good progress.
7. Allocate students to detentions and monitor the online weekly behaviour points.
8. When appropriate, support the other members of the pastoral team with behavioural issues - investigating incidents, collecting statements from students, contacting families.
9. Support the other members of the pastoral team with the distribution of rewards.
10. Provide data on referrals to the RR as needed.
11. Other duties as requested by your Line Manager/Headteacher .
This 'requires improvements ' Secondary school is looking for a committed and successful individual to join their motivated team. The local community is highly supportive f the school and parental involvement is very positive. The school have a new SLT in place with a fantastic support network who are driven to taking the next steps in improving the school. If you want to be part of a new winning team then this is certainly the place for you
To be considered for the position, you will:
• Ideally a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Must have experience of working as in a Secondary School environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
1. Ability to work well with young people, all colleagues and others
2. Clear and strong oral and written communications skills, including on the telephone
3. Competence with IT, e.g. Microsoft Office and Google Products
4. Ability to work well under pressure
5. Ability to produce accurate work, consistently
6. Positive, can-do outlook
7. Calm, friendly but firm, authoritative manner
8. Diligence and commitment to doing an excellent job every day
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are a qualified or experienced Teaching Assistant (TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact us on (phone number removed)