Quarry Operative (Ref:9801)
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Aggregate Industries a leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete and aggregate products are recruiting for a Quarry Operative based at our Westleigh hardrock quarry.
About the role
As a Quarry Operative reporting to our Site Manager, you'll join our operational team to help run the quarry and process plant safely and efficiently.
Other elements of the role include:
* Operation of mobile plant (Loading Shovel, Articulated Dump Truck) safely and efficiently carrying out daily safety checks
* Operation of fixed production plant
* Dispatching and controlling the quality of product
* Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard free
* Deal with all daily issues professionally and liaise with site management on a regular basis
* To carry out the daily plant inspections and where a problem exists notify management immediately
* Be responsible for the plant assets that are entrusted to you i.e. materials, plant buildings, and equipment and stores used therein and efficient employment of them
* Contribute the effective and efficient operation of all plant operations from the primary stockpile onwards
* React promptly and effectively to site breakdowns by liaising with maintenance and assisting where needed
* Monitor and ensure that all production data, plant stoppages, breakdowns, and logs are documented correctly
* Inspect, carry out and ensure that plant routines are regularly adhered to and that the cleanliness of the plant mechanism, plant area, adjacent buildings, and equipment are at all times properly and regularly inspected, cleaned in accordance with site instructions
* Carry out other reasonable tasks within the scope of your operation and abilities as and when required
What will you bring?
* Ability to operate MEWHP, telehandler, loading shovel, excavators, dozers and dumpers
* Previous experience within a similar industry
* Good communication, planning and time management skills
* Adhere to Aggregate Industries Health and Safety Procedure
What can we offer you?
* Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
* Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
* An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We're at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we're home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We're also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets