Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Bristol area
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 + car allowance + benefits
Sector: New build Residential
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is a successful UK residential contractor with an established reputation within the South Wales and South West markets and beyond. Typical projects are mid to high volume residential developments of low rise housing as well as apartments. Flagship developments across the region on projects from 70 - 200+units. Excellent opportunity top progress your career to management.
Quantity Surveyor - The Role:
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the regional commercial team. You will be responsible for leading the day to day commercial aspects of a new build residential project consisting of low rise housing. This position will report to a Managing QS and be based between the site and the Bristol office.
Typical duties & responsibilities:
* To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
* Prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately
* Take offs/measuring will be required as well as CVR's
* Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
* Agree final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
* Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
* Maintain control of sub contractors accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
* Manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
* To carry out duties as quantity surveyor on projects as instructed.
* To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project in their control.
* Prepare or assist with cost / value reconciliation reports on a monthly basis accurately reporting the forecast final financial position of the project.
* Prepare turnover cash flow forecasts as directed by line manager at the commencement of all projects, updating as required and recording actual valuation achieved against forecast.
Quantity Surveyor - The Person
* You will have solid experience with either a national or regional house builder, or a residential focused main contractor
* Demonstrable experience of delivering residential projects within budget and programme
* Proven experience in managing more junior quantity surveyors desirable but not essential
* Innovative - ability to identify better ways of doing things
* A good team player, someone who wants to be part of a growing business to achieve common goals.
* Commutable between Bristol and Newport.
* Competitive salary
* Company car allowance
* Company benefits package
* Varied and unique residential developments
* Continued local work within the South West region
Please contact Foresight Search for more information on this, or any other vacancy (phone number removed)