Our client is a privately owned specialist contractor who has been working within the Passive Fire industry for over 20 years. Due to growth in business, they are looking for a qualified QS who has previous experience within the passive fire protection experience.
If you are ambitious and hungry to achieve success as a Quantity Surveyor, this is the perfect place for you. The position will involve pre and post contract duties ensuring accurate quantification of labour, materials and plant with a full understanding of project and client requirements. Including but not limited to:
Duties will include:
* Receiving enquiries/drawing and producing quotations/tenders for clients
* Preparing contract sum analysis
* Preparing sub-contract orders
* Reviewing contract terms
* Visiting key project sites and assessing work in progress
* Preparing valuation
* Preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts
* Financial monitoring
* Experience within the construction industry or a good understanding of building & construction
* Experience within passive fire protection preferred but not essential
* Sub contracting experience
Ideally you have at least two years experience as a QS . Experience with JCT & NEC ideal plus an understanding of the passive fire protection environment preferred but not essential. Must be analytical, accurate & practical. Experience from within the construction industry would be an advantage too.
Due to location of our client and project visits, own transport is essential