A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
What to expect
The Engineer will report to the Door Systems Functional Senior Manager, working closely with all members of the Technology Centre and Foundation Quality Manager within Body Engineering Quality.
The role will support delivery of Foundation Quality and Current Quality for Door Systems.
This role will interface with suppliers to ensure quality and delivery performance meet current and future business requirements. With a key focus on enhancing supplier capability through achieving continuous improvements in delivery, this role will involve engaging suppliers, diagnosing their systems issues and working to develop the action plans to help achieve best practice
This role will work on problem resolutions for Vehicle Line activities in all aspects of current car engineering from the resolution of engineering issues, monitoring quality systems, through to design improvements and model year updates. The aim will be to achieve targets in all areas. Ultimately, the role will contribute to the delivery of Quality targets for Door Systems on each vehicle line
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Lead/Support Body Engineers to learn lessons into Standards/DFMEAs
• Lead/Support Door System Engineers to resolve IQM Projects
• Lead/Support Body Engineers to deliver warranty spend reduction projects
• Quality Data Analysis and Manipulation
• Analyse customer surveys and clinics on subjective and objective quality and create action plans.
• Deliver weekly Quality Metric reports
• Organising and co-ordination of Quality Meetings and events
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Previous experience of managing resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
• A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
• Desire to learn and grow into a role
• Ability to form good working relationships
• Clear communicator
• Excellent capability in Microsoft tools, particularly data manipulation in Microsoft Excel
• An ability to interrogate complex data
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Comfortable working on their own as well as part of a team
• Has a positive attitude
• Valid UK driving licence
• Knowledge/experience in Jaguar Land Rover Quality tools (IQM, AIMs, AWS, PAWs)
• Knowledge/experience of quality tools and processes such as Failure Mode Avoidance, 8D, 6 Sigma
• Previous experience within engineering or program planning departments.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability.