QUALITY ENGINEERA47 NorwichTHE PROJECT
We are one of the Delivery Integration Partners (DIP) on the Regional Delivery Partnership Framework (RDP) with National Highways and have been awarded multiple schemes along the A47 running from Peterborough to Norfolk with a combined construction value of over £250m.Our Blofield to North Burlingham scheme has recently been approved by the Secretary of State. Work will soon start to construct a new dual carriageway on this 4km stretch of road and install two new junctions as part of the planned improvements, all delivered in partnership with National Highways and SWECO.YOUR ROLE
As a Quality Engineer you will assist the project delivery team ensuring the systems are in place are properly executed throughout the project.You will
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
- Assist the quality Manager is ensuring that the process is in place to deliver right first time to project specifications.
- Aid and provide guidance to subcontractors in developing and implementing quality plans, processes and Inspection & Test plans (ITP's)
- Assist the site teams in producing ITP's and ensure they are implemented.
- Assist in developing specific project/task quality plans.
- Undertake inspections on key activities to identify and resolve and potential construction or quality issues.
- Assist the quality team in dealing with external auditing governing bodies to maintain certification.
- Provide quality improvement performance measures and recommendations reaffirming best practice.
- Produce project quality reports as required.
- Encourage the promotion of a continuous improvement culture.
- Undertake specific investigation and report on quality related issues as required.
- Management of Non-Conformance Register (NCR) and drive NCR within team to ensure timely completion.
- Carry out subcontractor and other internal quality audits
We are looking for passion and a willingness to deliver excellence. This role will suit individuals with either following expertise,
- An experienced Senior Engineer with a civil engineering background with a high attention to detail and solid quality assurance as part of your current role looking to make the transition into a quality focussed role or
- An experienced Quality Engineer from another industry with exposure on capital engineering projects (Windfarms as an example) with a solid quality assurance background and internal auditors qualification.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a great salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.For more information on this Quality Engineer role or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact adam.wright@Additional Information:
Galliford Try welcomes applications from candidates who would like to work full-time, part-time and / or flexibly and this will be discussed in more detail as part of the recruitment process.We encourage you and would be grateful if you could confirm any requirements we can reasonably fulfil to make this application a positive experience for you.Don't meet every requirement of the role? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Galliford Try, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement of the role, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.Galliford Try are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications.Primary Location
Construction (Site Management)Organization
Construction & InvestmentsJob Type
Dec 5, 2022, 8:51:13 AM